Spatial views and LOD-based access control in VRML-object databases
VRML is a language to describe virtual 31) spaces. In order to achieve reuse and sharing of data described in VRML among multiple applications, we designed and implemented a VRML-object database system. In our system, we can add semantic information onto VRML data, and can issue queries by using that information. We also introduce the concepts of spatial view and level-of-detail based access control. When a user issues a query, the system produces a spatial view by reorganizing a virtual space in accordance with the user's concern and the user's access capability.
KeywordsAccess Control Semantic Information Group Node Scene Graph Virtual Reality Modeling Language
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.VRML Version 1.0 Specification. http://vrml.wired.com/vrmi.tec/vrm110-3.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 2.K. Tanaka et al. Query Pair As Hypertext Links. In Proc. of the 7th IEEE Data Engineering Conference, pp. 456–463, April 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Tanaka. VRML and Spatial Databases. Computer Today, No.75, pp. 4–9, July 1996. (in Japanese.)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Tanizaki, S. Shimada. Study of Spatial Information Service Methods by Active Retrieval Mechanisms. Tech. Rep. of IEICE, DE96-45, July 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Tajima, M. Kamiura, K. Tanaka. Level-of-Detail based Access Control in Spatial Databases. Submitted for publication.Google Scholar