A realization of a reflection of personal information on distributed brainstorming environment
A meeting using Same Time / Different Place groupware frees ourselves from the place restrictions. However it cannot free ourselves from the time restrictions as we must stay in front of terminals connected to networks in the same meeting. On the other hand, Different Time / Different Place groupware that makes participants free from the time restrictions cannot use for meetings for creation, coordination and decision as they need mutual interaction. The main purpose of this research is to construct an experimental system that can “utter” automatically in brainstorming that is, a typical meeting for creation. The utterances are generated from personal information inputted or selected in advance. This system will free participants from the time restrictions in meeting for creation. From the results of evaluations, utterances from system included some useless ones, but they stimulated participants' idea generation and contributed to some extent.
KeywordsPersonal Information Divergent Thinking Index File Extract Keyword Subject Extract
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kunifuji,S.: Groupware Research in the Future (in Japanese), Kyoritsu Publishing, bit, Vo1.25, No.7, pp.4–14, July 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.Ishii, H.: Trends of Groupware Technology (in Japanese), Information Processing, Vol.30, No.12, pp.1502–1508, December 1989.Google Scholar
- 3.Takahashi,M.: Proceeding Methods of Meeting (in Japanese), Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Inc., October 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Orihara,R.: Trends of System Supporting Divergent Thinking (in Japanese), Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.8, No.5, pp.560–567, September 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Fujita,K.: A Realization of a Reflection of Personal Information on Distributed Brainstorming Environment (in Japanese), Master Thesis of Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, March 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Nishimoto,K., Abe,S., Miyasato,T. and Kishino,F.: A Method to Retrieve Information Having Different Relevance for Supporting Human Divergent Thinking (in Japanese), Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.11, No.6, pp.896–904, November 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.Watanabe,I.: Divergent Thinking Support System:Keyword Associator (in Japanese), Proc. Society of Instrument and Control Engineers Joint Symposium, pp.411–418, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Frakes,W.B. and Baeza-Yates,R.: Information retrieval: data structure and algorithms, Prentice Hall, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Itoh,T.: Information Retrieval (in Japanese), Sho-Ko-Do, August 1986Google Scholar
- 10.Misue,K. and Sugiyama,K.: An Evaluation Method about Thinking Support Systems and a Evaluation Experience about D-ABDUCTOR (in Japanese), Proc. The third “Creative Thinking Support Tool” Symposium, January 1995.Google Scholar