WebRC configuration management for a cooperation tool
Recently, several document management systems supporting asynchronous cooperation over the world-wide web have been proposed. Such systems provide access controlled areas for sharing objects related to a specific topic among a group of people working together. Configuration Management Support is however not present or very much restricted in these systems. We argue that such support is necessary and discuss how configuration management concepts should be integrated in cooperation tools. We describe our WebRC system, the first web-based cooperation tool with full configuration management support.
KeywordsConfiguration Management Central Repository Deductive Rule Version Graph Content Definition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BB96]A. Baecker and U. Busbach. Docman: A document management system for cooperation support. In Proceedings of the 29th Hawaiin Int. Conference on System Sciences, Maui, Hawaii, 1996. IEEE Computer Society Press.Google Scholar
- [Cag95]Martin Cagan. Untangling configuration management. In Jacky Estublier, editor, ICSE SCM-4 and SCM-5 Workshops; Selected Papers. Springer LNCS 1005, 1995.Google Scholar
- [EC94]Jacky Estublier and Rubby Casallas. The Adele configuration manager. In Walter Tichy, editor, Configuration Management, pages 99–133. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., Baffins Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1UD, England, 1994.Google Scholar
- [Est95]Jacky Estublier. Three dimensional versioning. In Jacky Estublier, editor, ICSE SCM-4 and SCM-5 Workshops; Selected Papers. Springer LNCS 1005, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Fei91]Peter H. Feiler. Configuration management models in commercial environments. Technical Report CMU/SEI-91-TR-7, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, March 1991.Google Scholar
- [JGJP+95]M. Jarke, R. Gallersdörfer, M. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt, and S. Eherer. Conceptbase — a deductive object base for meta data. Journal on Intelligent Information Systems, 2:167–192, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Kin96]Tim Kindberg. Mushroom: A framework for collaboration and interaction across the internet. In ECRIM workshop on CSCW and the Web, Sankt Augustin, Germany, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Mic96]Sun Microsystems. Java remote method invocation specification. Technical report, Sun Microsystems, 1996. http://chatsubo.javasoft.com/current/rmi/index.html.Google Scholar
- [RBT95]K. Sikkel R. Bentley, T. Horstmann and J. Trevor. Supporting collaborative information sharing with the world-wide web: The bscw shared workspace system. In 4th International WWW Conference, Boston, MS, December 1995.Google Scholar
- [RJ90]T. Rose and M. Jarke. A decision-based configuration process model. In Proceedings 12th International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 316–325, Nice, France, 1990. IEEE Computer Society Press.Google Scholar
- [Tic85]Walter F. Tichy. RCS — A system for version control. Software-Practice and Experience, 15(7):637–654, July 1985.Google Scholar
- [Wie93]D. Wiebe. Object-oriented software configuration management. In Proceedings of the 4th Software Configuration Management Workshop, Balimore, May 1993.Google Scholar