Genetic Algorithms for solving Systems of Fuzzy Relational Equations
We propose in this paper a unified method for approximating the solution of a System of Fuzzy Relational Equations (SFRE). The method is essentially based on the use of Genetic Algorithms (GA) and on a probabilistic algorithm for solving a SFRE — presented elsewhere. This approach is useful both in classical SFRE problems and in dynamic system identification. Some numerical results regarding both aspects show that our method can be successfully applied.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Fuzzy Relational Probabilistic Algorithm Fuzzy Relational Equation Genetic Algorithm Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Sanchez, “Resolution of composite relation equations”, Information and Control, 30, 1976, 38–48.Google Scholar
- 2.W.Pedrycz, “Numerical and applicational aspects of fuzzy relational equations”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 11, 1983, 1–18.Google Scholar
- 3.K.Hirota, W.Pedrycz, “Analysis and synthesis of fuzzy systems by the use of probabilistic sets”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 10, 1983, 1–13.Google Scholar
- 4.D.E. Goldberg, “Genetic algorithms in search, optimization and machine learning”, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.W. Pedrycz, “Algorithms for solving fuzzy relational equations in a probabilistic setting”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 38, 1990, 313–327.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Sanchez, “Genetic Algorithms and Soft Computing”, A Tutorial Presentation, EUFIT '93, Aachen, Germany, September 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.M.Gh.Negoita, F.Fagarasan, A.Agapie, “Genetic algorithms in fuzzy processing of information”, 4.Dortmunder Fuzzy Tage, Dortmund, Germany, June 1994Google Scholar
- 8.M.Gh.Negoita, A.Agapie, F.Fagarasan, “Genetic Algorithms for solving fuzzy relational equations”, EUFIT 94, Aachen, Germany, September 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.M.Giuclea, A.Agapie, F.Fagarasan “A GA Approach for Closed-Loop System Identification”, in Proceedings of EUFIT 96, Aachen, Germany, September 1996, 410–414.Google Scholar
- 10.Y.-C. Lee, C. Hwang, Y.-P. Shih, “A combined approach to fuzzy model identification”, IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 24, nr. 5, 1994, 736–744.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Q. Chen, J. H. Lu and L. J. Chen, “Analysis and syntesis of fuzzy closed-loop control systems”, IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 25, nr. 5, 1995, 881–888.Google Scholar
- 12.D. Park, A. Kandel and G. Langholz, “Genetic-Based New Fuzzy Reasoning Models with Application to Fuzzy Control”, IEEE Transaction on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 24, nr.1, 1994, 39–47.Google Scholar