LadMan a large data management system
More and more of our customers have to deal with very large datasets like elevation data and digital roadmaps covering Europe or even the entire world, very large images e.g. from satellites or CT-Scans both medical and industrial. In this paper we describe how we tried to solve the problems of storing and especially of accessing those large datasets by developing LadMan, a Large Data Management System. We will explain LadMan's design and architecture, we will give a short overview of LadMan's API and will look at the implementation of LadMan as an important part of RUVIS, a Broadcasting Planning and Visualization System developed for German Telekom by VISTEC Software GmbH.
KeywordsApplication Program Interface Scientific Visualization Planning Engineer District Border Smart Reader
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Treinish, Lloyd A., Unifying principles of data management for scientific visualization. In Animation and Scientific Visualization Tools & Applications, pp. 141–170, Academic Press, 1993Google Scholar
- Nielsen, G., Brunet, P., Gorss, M., Hagen, H. et al., Chapter III: Visualizing Large Data Sets, in Scientific Visualization Advances and Challenges. L. Rosenblum et al. (Eds.), pp. 143–198, Academic Press, 1994Google Scholar
- ACM Siggraph94 Course #27: Visualizing and Examining Large Scientific Data Sets, Chair: Theresa Marie Rhyne, Instructors: Hibbard, Treinish, Hussey, 1994Google Scholar
- Samet, Hanan, Applications of Spatial Data Structures. Computer Graphics, Image Processing, and GIS, Addison-Wesley Publishing, 1990Google Scholar
- Frank, Andrew U., Kuhn, Werner (Eds.), Spatial Information Theory: A theoretical Basis for GIS, International Conference COSIT'95, Semmering, Austria, September 1995, Proceedings, Springer-Verlag, 1995Google Scholar