Large scale data analysis using AVS5 and POSTGRES
In this paper we discuss the use of AVS5 as an interface tool to the public domain database management system POSTGRES. This work is part of ongoing research on data analysis tools for large (terabyte) data sets. Statistical analysis and browsing tools for the data sets are provided via the AVS5 and POSTGRES systems. Graphical interfaces are provided for both the feature extraction stage and the post processing stage of the system. The tools for these interfaces, rather than the statistical tools themselves, are the focus of this paper.
KeywordsPost Processing Stage Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Feature Extraction Stage Large Scale Data Analysis Browsing Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Advanced Visual Systems, Inc. AVS Developer's Guide, 1992, Waltham, MA.Google Scholar
- 2.D.J. Downing, W.J. Lawkins, M.D. Morris, and G. Ostrouchov, FEaTureS — Feature Extraction for Long Time Series: User's Guide, Oak Ridge National Lab, technical report.Google Scholar
- 3.P. Kochevar, Z. Ahmed, J. Shade, and C. Sharp, A Simple Visualization Management System: Bridging the Gap Between Visualization and Data Management, San Diego Supercomputer Center, in Proceedings Visualization '93, edited by G.M. Nielson, April 30, 1993.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Stonebraker and G. Kemnitz, The POSTGRES Next Generation DBMS, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Stonebraker and L.A. Rowe, The Design of POSTGRES, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley.Google Scholar