Essentials of Standard ML Modules
The following notes give an overview of Standard ML Modules system.
Part 1 gives an introduction to ML Modules aimed at the reader who is familiar with a functional programming language but has little or no experience with ML programming.
Part 2 is a half-day practical intended to give the reader an opportunity to modify a small, but non-trivial piece of software using functors, signatures and structures.
KeywordsType Scheme Type Environment Functor Application Type Check Abstract Syntax Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [App92]Andrew W. Appel. Compiling with Continuations. Cambridge University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Ber91]Dave Berry. The Edinburgh SML Library. Technical Report ECS-LFCS-91-148, Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, Edinburgh University, April 1991.Google Scholar
- [CMP93]Chris Clarck Colin Myers and Ellen Poon. Programming with Standard ML. Prentice Hall, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Har86]Robert Harper. Introduction to Standard ML. Technical Report ECS-LFCS-86-14, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, 1986.Google Scholar
- [kW87]Åke Wikström. Functional Programming Using Standard ML. Series in Computer Science. Prentice Hall, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Mac84]D. MacQueen. Modules for Standard ML. In Conf. Rec. of the 1984 ACM Symp. on LISP and Functional Programming, pages 198–207, Aug. 1984.Google Scholar
- [Mil84]Robin Milner. The Standard ML Core language. Technical Report CSR-168-84, Dept. of Computer Science, University Of Edinburgh, October 1984. Also in[RHM86].Google Scholar
- [MT91]Robin Milner and Mads Tofte. Commentary on Standard ML. MIT Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- [MTH90]Robin Milner, Mads Tofte, and Robert Harper. The Definition of Standard ML. MIT Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Pau91]Laurence C. Paulson. ML for the Working Programmer. Cambridge University Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Rea89]C. Reade. Elements of Functional Programming. Addison-Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- [RHM86]David MacQueen Robert Harper and Robin Milner. Standard ML. Technical Report ECS-LFCS-86-2, Dept. of Computer Science, University Of Edinburgh, March 1986.Google Scholar
- [Sta92]Ryan Stansifer. ML Primer. Prentice Hall, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Tof89]Mads Tofte. Four lectures on Standard ML. tLFCS Report Series ECS-LFCS-89-73, Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, Edinburgh University, Mayfield Rd., EH9 3JZ Edinburgh, U.K., March 1989.Google Scholar