A rationale for automated configuration status accounting
Configuration status accounting has been traditionally considered to perform the recording and reporting tasks within CM. We discuss the motivations for extending it with support for project control activities, and lay down requirements for integrating it with a software engineering environment that provides mechanisms for process integration.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buckley, F.J., Implementing Configuration Management. IEEE PRESS / IEEE Computer Society Press. New York, NY 1993. 249 p.Google Scholar
- Dart, S.A., The Past, Present, and Future of CM. Technical report CMU/SEI-92-TR-8. Software Engineering Institute. Pittsburgh, PA 1992. 28 p.Google Scholar
- Falkenberg, B., Configuration Management for a Large (SW) Development. Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Software Configuration Management. Princeton, NJ 24.10.1989. Software Engineering Notes 17(1989)7, p. 34–37.Google Scholar
- Feiler, P.H., Configuration Management Models in Commercial Environments. Technical report CMU/SEI-91-TR-7. Software Engineering Institute. Pittsburgh PA 1991. 54 p.Google Scholar
- Forte, G., In Search of the Integrated Environment. CASE Outlook 3(1989)2, p. 5–12.Google Scholar
- Lacroix, M. and Lavency, P., The Change Request Process. Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Software Configuration Management. Princeton, NJ 24.10.1989. Software Engineering Notes 17(1989)7, p. 114–117.Google Scholar
- Laine A. and Viskari J., UISER — a Customizable Software Engineering Environment for Development-in-the-Large. Proceedings of Euromicro 92. Paris 14.-17.9.1992. Microprocessing and Microprogramming 35(1992)1–5, p. 505–512.Google Scholar
- Lehman, M.M., Software Engineering, the Software Process and Their Support. Software Engineering Journal 6(1991)5, p. 243–258.Google Scholar
- Mi, P. and Scacchi, W., Process Integration in CASE Environments. IEEE Software 9(1992)2, p. 45–53.Google Scholar
- Sprague, K., The Role of Software Configuration Management in a Measurement-Based Software Engineering Program. ACM SIGSOFT Engineering Notes 16(1991)2, p. 62–66.Google Scholar
- Terry, B. and Logee, D., Terminology for Software Engineering Environment (SEE) and Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE). ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes 15(1990)2, p. 83–94.Google Scholar