A periodicity theorem on words and applications
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 969)
Contributed Papers Formal Languages
- 925 Downloads
We prove a periodicity theorem on words that has strong analogies with the Critical Factorization theorem and we show three applications of it.
KeywordsString Match Free Word Infinite Word Binary Alphabet Short Base
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Crochemore M. and Rytter W., “Squares, Cubes and Time-Space Efficient String-Searching”, Tech. Rep. LITP 91.47 (July 1991).Google Scholar
- 2.Currie J. D., “Open Problems in Pattern Avoidance” Amer. Math. Montly, 100, pp. 790–793, October 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Currie J. D., “On the Structure and Extendibility of k-Power Free Words”, Preprint, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Currie J. D., Shelton R., Private Communication 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Currie J. D., Shelton R., “Cantor Sets and Dejean's Conjecture”, Preprint 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.Cesari Y. and Vincent M. “Une Caractérisation des Mots Périodiques” C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris, t. 286 (19 juin 1978) Série A pp. 1175–1177.Google Scholar
- 7.de Luca A., “A Combinatorial Property of the Fibonacci Words”, Inform. Process. Lett., 12 nℴ4 (1981), pp. 195–195.Google Scholar
- 8.Duval J. P., “Périodes et Répetitions des Mots du Monoide Libre” Theor. Comp. Science 9 (1979) pp. 17–26.Google Scholar
- 9.Fife E.D., “Binary Sequence which contains no BBb” Trans. Amer. Math. Society 261 (1) (1980), 115–136.Google Scholar
- 10.Galil Z. and Seiferas J., “Time-Space Optimal String Matching” J. of Computer and Sys. Sciences 26 (1983), pp. 280–294.Google Scholar
- 11.Lothaire M., “Combinatorics on Words”, Addison Wesley, vol. 17 Encidopedia of Matematics and its Applications (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.Mignosi F. Pirillo G., “Repetitions in the Fibonacci Infinite Word” RAIRO Theor. Informatics and Applications, vol 26, nℴ 3, (1992), pp. 199–204.Google Scholar
- 13.Restivo A. and Salemi S., “Overlap Free Words on Two Symbols” Lecture Notes in Comp. Science Vol 192 (1984) pp. 198–206.Google Scholar
- 14.Shallit J., Private Communication, 1994.Google Scholar
- 15.Shelton R. and Sony R., “Aperiodic Words on the Three Symbols 1, 2, 3”, J. Reine Angew. Math. 321 (1982), pp. 195–209, in Combinatorics on Words, Cumming L. ed. (Academic Press, New York), pp. 101–118 (1993), J. Reine Angew. Math. 330 (1984), pp. 44–52.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1995