On wall laws in CFD
Wall laws are one possibility to remove zones with sharp gradients that lie near solid walls for turubulent flows. We shall review some known methods to deal with the problem in CFD, then show that wall laws work numerically even when boundary layers separate. In an attempt to measure the validity of wall laws we shall review their use in other contexts such as electromagnetism and show that it is really a domain decomposition method. This will allow ,.us to conjecture that wall laws can withstand boundaries with small curvature And that it is a first order method.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Break Water Flat Plate Turbulent Boundary Layer Domain Decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Achdou Y. Effect of metallized coating on the reflection of an electromagnetic wave. INRIA report 1136.Google Scholar
- Achdou Y., O. Pironneau Analysis of wall laws. UPMC report R94018.  Carrau R. Thèse de doctorat, Université de Bordeaux I.Google Scholar
- Cousteix J. Couches limites laminaires et turbulentes. (I) & (II). Cepadues editions.Google Scholar
- Lions J.L. Cours du Collège de France.Google Scholar
- Mohammadi B., O. Pironneau Analysis of the k-ε turbulence model. Wiley.Google Scholar