Shape optimization governed by the quasi 1D Euler equations using an adjoint method
In this paper we discuss a numerical approach for the treatment of optimal shape problems governed by the quasi one-dimensional Euler equations. In particular, we focus on flows with embedded shocks. We introduce a cost function and a set of Lagrange multipliers to achieve the minimum. So me results are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the method.
KeywordsEuler Equation Adjoint Method Optimal Shape Problem Aerodynamic Design Costate Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Iollo A. and Salas M.D. and Ta'asan S., “Shape Optimization Governed by the Euler Equations Using an Adjoint Method”, ICASE, 93-78, 1993Google Scholar
- Jameson A., “Aerodynamic Design via Control Theory”, ICASE, 88-64, 1988Google Scholar
- Pandolfi, M., “On the flux-difference splitting formulatuion”, vol. 26, Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, Vieweg Verlag, 1989.Google Scholar
- Lighthill M.J., “A New Method of Two Dimensional Aerodynamic Design”, ARC Rand M 2112, 1945Google Scholar
- Fletcher R., “Practical Methods of Optimization”, John Wiley & Sons, vol.I, 1980Google Scholar
- Ta'asan S. and Kuruvila G. and Salas M.D., “Aerodynamic Design and Optimization in One Shot”, 30th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA 92-005, Jan., 1992Google Scholar