Hypersonic viscous flow computations with solver and grid sensitivity analysis
A computational study of high speed viscous flows is described. The key features of this work are: the development of an efficient and robust implicit algorithm to solve the laminar/turbulent compressible Navier-Stokes equations, upwind discretization with carefully controlled numerical diffusion, the study of grid convergence, and the inclusion of real gas effects through a fully optimized numerical model of air in chemical equilibrium.
KeywordsHypersonic Flow Blunt Body Entropic Correction Viscous Coefficient Reversed Flow Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Coquel, M.S. Liou: AIAA 93-3302-CP (1993)Google Scholar
- D.Darracq, M. Gazaix: 19th Int. Symp. on Shock Waves, Marseille, France (1993)Google Scholar
- M. Gazaix: AIAA 93-0892 (1993)Google Scholar
- K. Khalfallah, G. Lacombe, A. Lerat, A. Raulot, Z.N. Wu: Proc. 1st European CFD Conf., 7–11 Sept. 1992, Brussels, ed. by Ch. Hirsch et al (Elsevier), p175Google Scholar
- F.G. Blottner: AIAA 89-1671 (1989)Google Scholar