On the covering radius of convolutional codes
We consider a problem of calculating covering capabilities for convolutional codes. An upper bound on covering radius for convolutional code is obtained by random coding arguments. The estimates on covering radius for some codes with small constraint length are presented.
KeywordsGenerate Matrix Linear Code Block Code Convolutional Code Covering Radius
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.L. Graham, N.J. Sloane, “On the covering radius of codes,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-31, pp. 385–401, 1985.Google Scholar
- G.D. Forney, “Convolutional codes, II Maximum likelihood decoding,” Inform, and Control, vol. 25, pp. 222–266, 1974.Google Scholar
- G.D. Cohen, “A nonconstructive upper bound on covering radius'” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-29, pp. 352–353, 1983.Google Scholar
- A.R. Calderbank and P.C. Fishbum, A. Rabinovich, “Covering properties of convolutional codes and associated lattices”, submitted to IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, May 1992.Google Scholar
- J.K. Wolf, “Efficient maximum likelihood decoding of linear block codes using a trellis,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-24, pp. 76–80, 1978.Google Scholar
- F.J. MakWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane, The theory of error-correcting codes. New York: North-Holland, 1977.Google Scholar