Quantizing and decoding for usual lattices in the Lp-metric
We generalize the Conway-Sloane algorithm for the decoding of usual lattices to the L p norm. In particular, the Voronoi diagrams and covering radii of some of these lattices, namely ℤn, Dn, D n * An, are computed. Some of the results hold only for the L1-metric.
KeywordsClose Point Voronoi Diagram Voronoi Cell Integer Point Covering Radius
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Bourbaki. Groupes et algèbres de Lie, Chapitres 4, 5 et 6. Hermann, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.J.H. Conway and N.J.A. Sloane. Spheres packings, lattices and groups. Springer-Verlag, 1st edition, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.J.H. Conway and N.J.A. Sloane. The cell structures of certain lattices. In P. Hilton, F. Hirzebruch, and R. Remmert, editors, Miscellanea mathematica, pages 71–107. Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.J.H. Conway and N.J.A. Sloane. Fast quantizing and decoding algorithms for lattices quantizers and codes. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 28(2):227–232, March 92.Google Scholar
- 5.H.S.M. Coxeter. Regular Polytopes. Dover, 3rd edition, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Farvardin and J.W. Modestino. Optimum quantizer performance for a class of nongaussian memoryless sources. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 30:485–497, May 84.Google Scholar
- 7.Robert M. Gray. Source coding theory. Kluwer academic publishers, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Vedat Eyuboğlu and G. David Forney. Lattice and trellis quantization with latticeand trellis-bounded codebooks-high-rate theory for memoryless sources. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 39(1):46–59, January 93.Google Scholar