Quaternary constructions of formally self-dual binary codes and unimodular lattices
Quaternary codes have been studied recently in connection with the construction of sequences with low correlation, lattices and good non linear codes (Kerdock, Preparata). In this paper, we construct formally self-dual binary codes and unimodular lattices using quaternary codes. Two different processes are studied: constructions using Hensel lifting and (u¦u+v) construction. We give a number of examples of formally self-dual binary codes of length n≤64. We obtain a new construction of the Leech lattice, and two new constructions of the Gosset lattice.
Key wordsCodes Weight Enumerators Self-Dual Quaternary Codes Formally Self-Dual Binary Codes Unimodular Lattices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Hammons, P.V.Kumar, A.R. Calderbank, N.J.A Sloane, and P. Solé. Kerdock, Preparata, Goethals and Other Codes are linear over Z4. submitted to IEEE Transactions on information theory, 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.G. T. Kennedy and V. Pless. On Designs and Formally Self-Dual Codes, preprint, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Pless. A Classification of Self-Orthogonal Codes over GF(2). Discrete Math, pages 209–246, 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.J.H. Conway and N.J.A Sloane. Self-dual codes over the integers modulo 4. JCT A 62, 30–45, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.F.J. MacWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane. The theory of Error-Correcting Codes. North-Holland, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.M.Klemm. Selbstduale Codes über dem Ring der ganzen Zalen modulo 4. Arch. Math., 53:201–207, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.J.H.Conway and N.J.A. Sloane. Sphere Packings, Lattices and Groups. Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.JR D. Forney. Coset Codes — Part II: Binary lattices and related codes. IEEE, Transactions on information theory, 34:1152–1187, 1988.Google Scholar