On constructions for optimal optical orthogonal codes
An optical orthogonal code, with λ=1 is a family, of size l, of w-sets of integers modulo n in which no difference is repeated. If all the differences modulo n appear then this code coincide with the well known design called difference family and the code is called perfect. It is clear that if l(w−1)w≤n−1<(l+1)(w−1)w then no more w-sets can be added to the code and hence the code is optimal. We give some new constructions for difference families and also constructions of optimal codes which are not difference families.
KeywordsPrimitive Element Recursive Construction Balance Incomplete Block Design Difference Family Permutable Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AGM92]N. Q. A, L. Gyorfi, and J. L. Massey. Constructions of binary constant-weight cyclic codes and cyclically permutable codes. IEEE Trans. on Inform. Theory, IT-38:940–949, May 1992.Google Scholar
- [BE93]S. Bitan and T. Etzion. Constructions for optimal constant weight cyclically permutable codes and difference families preprint, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Bos39]R.C. Bose. On the construction of balanced incomplete block designs. Ann. Eugenics, 9:353–399, 1939.Google Scholar
- [BW87]E. F. Brickell and V.K. Wei. Optical orthogonal codes and difference families. In Proc. of the Southeastern Conference on Combinatorics Graph Theory and Algorithms. 1987.Google Scholar
- [CC80]M.J. Colbourn and C.J. Colbourn. On cyclic block designs. Math. Report of Canadian Academy of Science, 2:21–26, 1980.Google Scholar
- [CK90]H. Chung and P.V. Kumar. Optical orthogonal codes — new bounds and an optimal construction. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 36(4):866–873, July 1990.Google Scholar
- [CSW89]F. R.K. Chung, J.A. Salehi, and V.K. Wei. Optical orthogonal codes:design, analysis, and applications. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 35(3):595–604, May 1989.Google Scholar
- [Gol64]S.W. Golomb. Digital communication with space application. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliff, N.J., Penisula Publishing, Los Altos, CA. 1982, second edition, 1964.Google Scholar
- [Mat87]R. Mathon. Constructions for cyclic steiner 2-designs. Annals of Discrete Mathematics, 34:353–362, 1987.Google Scholar
- [MM85]J. L. Massey and P. Mathys. The collision channel without feedback. IEEE Trans. on Inform. Theory, IT-31:192–204, March 1985.Google Scholar
- [KMZZ93]P.V. Kumar, O. Moreno, Z. Zhang and V.A. Zionviev. New constructions of optimal cylically permutable constant weight codes. to appear in IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Wil72]R.M. Wilson. Cyclotomy and difference families in elementary abelian groups. J. Number Theory, 4:17–47, 1972.Google Scholar