Completeness results for linear logic on Petri nets
Completeness is shown for several versions of Girard's linear logic with respect to Petri nets as the class of models. The strongest logic considered is intuitionistic linear logic, with ⊗, ⊸, &, ⊕ and the exponential ! (“of course”), and forms of quantification. This logic is shown sound and complete with respect to atomic nets (these include nets in which every transition leads to a nonempty multiset of places). The logic is remarkably expressive, enabling descriptions of the kinds of properties one might wish to show of nets; in particular, negative properties, asserting the impossibility of an assertion, can also be expressed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bro89]Carolyn Brown. Relating Petri Nets to Formulae of Linear Logic. Technical Report ECS LFCS 89-87, University of Edinburgh, 1989.Google Scholar
- [EW90]Uffe Henrik Engberg and Glynn Winskel. Petri Nets as Models of Linear Logic. In CAAP '90, Coll. on Trees in Algebra and Programming Copenhagen, Denmark, May 15–18, pages 147–161. Springer-Verlag (LNCS 431), 1990.Google Scholar
- [EW93]Uffe Henrik Engberg and Glynn Winskel. Completeness Results for Linear Logic on Petri Nets. Technical Report DAIMI-PB 435, Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, April 1993.Google Scholar
- [GG89]Carl Gunter and Vijay Gehlot. Nets as Tensor Theories. Technical Report MS-CIS-89-68, University of Pennsylvania, October 1989.Google Scholar
- [Gir87]Jean-Yves Girard. Linear Logic. Theoretical Computer Science, 50(1):1–102, 1987.Google Scholar
- [GL87]Jean-Yves Girard and Yves Lafont. Linear Logic and Lazy Computation. In Proc. TAPSOFT 87 (Pisa), vol. 2, pages 52–66. Springer-Verlag (LNCS 250), 1987.Google Scholar
- [Laf88]Yves Lafont. The Linear Abstract Machine. Theoretical Computer Science, 59:157–180, 1988.Google Scholar
- [MOM91]Narciso Martí-Oliet and José Meseguer. From Petri Nets to Linear Logic: a Survey. International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, 2(4):297–399, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Rei85]Wolfgang Reisig. Petri Nets, An Introduction, volume 4 of EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar