The neutron electric dipole moment in chiral quark-meson models ark-meson models
The neutron electric dipole moment is calculated in the cloudy bag model and the colour dielectric model. In both the U(1)A anomaly is consistently incorporated. Both models give a similar value for the pion loop contribution, but the cloudy bag model has an equally large direct contribution which is proportional to the anomalous magnetic moment.
- 1.M. A. Shifman, A. I. Vainshtein and V. I. Zakharov, Nucl. Phys. B166 (1980) 493.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Baluni, Phys. Rev. D19 (1979) 2227.Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Morgan and G. A. Miller, Phys. Let. B179 (1986) 379.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Aoki and T. Hatsuda, Phys. Rev. D45 (1992) 2427.Google Scholar
- 5.K. P. Smith, Phys. Let. B234 (1990) 191.Google Scholar
- 6.J. A. McGovern and M. C. Birse, Phys. Rev. D45 (1992) 2437.Google Scholar