Preliminary results from a study of the proper motion of water vapor masers in cepheus A
Preliminary results from a study of the proper motions of water vapor masers associated with HII regions in Cepheus A are presented. The masers lie in two distinct clumps near the peaks in intensity of the HII regions. Some 50 maser spots were detected over 3 epochs, but only 11 maser spots were identified at two or more epochs. A statistical parallax analysis from these prelimary results gives a distance between 0.4 and 0.6kpc with a statistical uncertainty of about 0.2kpc.
- Blaauw, A. 1964, Ann. Rev. Astr. Ap., 2, 261.Google Scholar
- Cohen, R.J., Rowland, P.R. and Blair, M.M. 1984, M.N.R.A.S., 210, 425.Google Scholar
- Hughes, V.A. and Wouterloot, J.G.A. 1984. Ap. J., 276, 204.Google Scholar
- Lada, C.J., Blitz, L., Reid, M.J. and Moran, M.J. 1981 Ap. J., 243, 769.Google Scholar
- Migenes, V., Cohen, R.J. and Brebner, G.C. 1991, M.NR.A.S., 254,, 501.Google Scholar