The proper motions of the H2O masers near W3(OH)
We describe the results of three-epoch intercontinental VLBI observations of the 22 GHz H2O masers near the compact HII region W3(OH). We have determined the relative proper motions of individual maser components. Assuming a distance to the source of 2.2 kpc, we are able to obtain a full 3-dimensional description of the kinematics of the emitting region, which indicates that the H2O masers are part of bipolar outflow.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Genzel R., Downes D., Moran J.M., et al., 1978, A&A 66, 13Google Scholar
- Guilloteau S., Baudry A., Walmsley C.M., 1985, A&A 153, 179Google Scholar
- Humphreys R.M., 1978, ApJS 38, 309Google Scholar
- Mauersberger R., Wilson T.L., Walmsley C.M., 1986, A&A 166, L26Google Scholar
- Turner J.L., Welch W.J., 1984, ApJ 287, L81Google Scholar