Interacting H2O masers in star-forming regions
We have studied the interaction of H2O masers in star forming regions as a physical mechanism for the explanation of the very strong H2O maser sourses. We have carried out detailed numerical calculations for both saturated and unsaturated masers and have derived approximate analytic expressions for the expected brightness temperature from interacting masers. We have found that the interaction of two low or medium power masers can in principle lead to the appearance of a very strong one.
KeywordsSolid Angle Brightness Temperature Background Source Qualitative Discussion Approximate Analytic Expression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Deguchi, S., & Watson W. D. 1989, ApJ, 340, L17Google Scholar
- Elitzur, M., Hollenbach, D. J., & McKee, C. F. 1989, ApJ, 346, 983Google Scholar
- Elitzur, M., McKee, C. F., & Hollenbach, D. J. 1991, ApJ, 367, 333Google Scholar
- Kylafis, N. D., & Norman, C. 1991, ApJ, 373, 525Google Scholar
- Kylafis, N. D., & Pavlakis, K. G. 1992, ApJ, submittedGoogle Scholar
- Palma, A., Green, S., DeFrees, D. J., & McLean, A. D. 1988, ApJS, 68, 287Google Scholar