A model for polarized OH masers
A semi-classical theory of the propagation of polarized maser radiation through a medium containing an ambient magnetic field is described, including processes involving the overlap of maser lines. The treatment of the partially coherent maser radiation and the problems associated with a computational implementation of the theory are considered.
KeywordsMaster Equation Maser Line Stokes Parameter Zeeman Splitting Magnetic Quantum Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doel, R. C., Gray M. D., & Field, D. 1990, MNRAS, 244, 504Google Scholar
- Elitzur, M. 1991, ApJ, 370, 407Google Scholar
- Field, D., & Gray M. D. 1988, MNRAS, 234, 353Google Scholar
- Goldreich, P., Keeley, D. A., & Kwan, J. Y. 1973, ApJ, 179, 111Google Scholar
- Palmer, P., & Zuckermann, B. 1967, ApJ, 148, 727Google Scholar
- Shore B. W. 1990, ‘The Theory of Coherent Atomic Excitation.',Wiley,New York.Google Scholar