Poset properties of complex traces
This paper investigates PoSct properties of the monoid ℂ of infinite dependence graphs and of the monoid ℂ of complex traces. We show that a subset of G admits a least upper bound if and only if this set is coherent and countable. Hence, G is bounded complete. The compact and the prime graphs in G arc characterized and we prove that each graph is the least upper bound of its compact (resp. its prime) lower bounds. Therefore, up to the restriction to countable sets, G is a coherently complete Scott-Domain and is Prime Algebraic. We define very naturally two orders on ℂ: the product order and the prefix order. We show that ℂ with each order is a coherently complete CPO and we characterize the least upper bound (the greatest lower bound resp.) of a subset of ℂ when it exists. But contrary to the case of G, we prove that ℂ is not a Scott-Domain in general.
KeywordsPartial Order Dependence Graph Prime Graph Product Order Real Trace
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BMP89]P. BONIZZONI, G. MAURI and G. PIGHIZZINI, “About infinite traces”, Proceedings of the ASMICS Workshop on Partially Commutative Monoids, Tech. Rep. TUM-19002, Technische Universität München, 1989.Google Scholar
- [COMP]G. GIERZ, K. H. HOFMANN, K. KEIMEL, J. D. LAWSON, M. MISLOVE and D. SCOTT, “A compendium of continuous lattices”, Springer-Verlag, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Die90]V. DIEKERT, “Combinatorics on Traces”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 454, 1990.Google Scholar
- [GP92]P. GASTIN and A. PETIT, “PoSet Properties of Complex Traces”, Tech. Rep. 92, LITP, Université Paris 6, France, 1991.Google Scholar
- [GR91]P. GASTIN and B. ROZOY, “The Poset of infinitary traces”, to appear in Theoretical Computer Science, Tech. Rep. 91-07, LITP, Université Paris 6, France, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Maz77]A. MAZURKIEWICZ, “Concurrent program Schemes and their interpretations”, Aarhus University, DAIMI Rep. PB 78, 1977.Google Scholar