Mode identification of pulsating stars from line profile variations with the moment method
The moment method seems to be suitable for determining the pulsation parameters of early-type stars but line profile variations are by no means staightforward to interpret (Waelkens and Aerts, this volume). It is clear that we have used only part of the information contained in the moments. A future development will be the construction of a discriminant which includes all significant information given by the moments and does not rely only upon a few leading terms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aerts, C., Waelkens, C., Balona, L.A., 1990, Confrontation between Stellar Pulsation and Evolution, Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series 11, 290Google Scholar
- Balona, L.A., 1986a, Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc. 219, 111Google Scholar
- Balona, L.A., 1986b, Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc. 220, 647Google Scholar
- Balona, L.A., 1987, Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc. 224, 41Google Scholar
- Balona, L.A., 1989, Progress of Seismology of the Sun and Stars, Lecture Notes in Physics 367Google Scholar