A comparison between the orbital masses of early type binary components and masses predicted by stellar evolution
In this paper we show that for eight components of early type binary systems (including three supergiants) the orbital mass corresponds reasonably well with masses resulting from evolutionary computations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hubeny, I., 1988, Comp. Phys. Comm. 52, 103.Google Scholar
- Joss, P.C., Rappaport, S.A., 1984, Ann. Rev. Astron. Astrophys. 22, 537.Google Scholar
- Kudritzki, R.P. and Hummer, D.G., 1986, in Luminous Stars and Associations in Galaxies, editors C.W.H. De Loore et al.Google Scholar
- Kurucz, 1991, private communication.Google Scholar
- Maeder, A.,1991, Astron. Astrophys. (in press).Google Scholar
- Popper, D.M., 1980, Ann. Rev. Astron. Astrophys. 18, 115.Google Scholar
- Vanbeveren, D.: 1990, Astron. Astrophys. 234, 243.Google Scholar