Decoding of quadrature partial response- trellis coded signals (QPR-TCM) in the presence of intersymbol interference and noise
A combined trellis structure for quadrature partial response-trellis coded modulation schemes is proposed and 6QPR-TCM, 42QPR-TCM systems are introduced. Error event probability upper bound is analytically derived for 6QPR-TCM scheme. A simulation study in the intersymbol interference environment is done.
KeywordsModulation Scheme Error Performance State Subset Intersymbol Interference Decision Feedback Equalizer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Ungerboeck, "Channel Coding with Multilevel/Phase Signals" IEEE Trans. Inf.IT-28,No.1.Jan. 1982.Google Scholar
- A. Grami, S. Pasupathy, "Pulse Shape, Excess Bandwidth, and Timing Error Sensitivity in PRS Systems", IEEE Trans Vol. Com. 35 No.4. April, 1987.Google Scholar
- P.Kabal, S. Pasupathy, "Partial-Response Signalling", IEEE Trans. Com.-23, No. 9, Sep. 1975.Google Scholar
- D.Divsalar, M.K.Simon, "Multiple Trellis Coded Modulation MTCM" IEEE Trans. Com. Vol. 36, No.4, April, 1987.Google Scholar
- D. R. Smith, "Digital Transmission Systems, "Van Norstrand Reinhold Company, Newyork, 1985.Google Scholar
- R. Calderbank, J E.Mazo, "A new Description of Trellis Codes, Trans. Inf. Vol. IT-30, No.Nov. 1984.Google Scholar
- E. Zehavi, J.K. Wolf, "On the Performance of Trellis Codes" IEEE Trans.Inf. Vol. IT-33 No.2, March, 1987.Google Scholar
- P.R. Chevillant, E. Eleftheriou, "Decoding of Trellis Encoded Signals in the Presence of Intersymbol Interference and Noise", IEEE Com. vol. 37, No.7, July 1989.Google Scholar