Search for an alignment in double capture processes between multicharged ions and helium below 8 keV/amu
In the collisional system investigated in the present work the angular distributions have been found to be so strongly perturbed that the question of the alignment in double capture processes remains open. Our measurements show that the relative population of the 3131' and 3141' states as well as a reasonable estimate of the total cross section cannot be obtained without measuring a detailed angular distribution. Whenever these conditions are not fulfilled a quantitative comparison of the experimental and theoretical data becomes somewhat meaningless.
This work has been performed at LAGRIPPA, a common laboratory of the CNRS and of the CEA.[/p]
KeywordsAngular Distribution Angular Dependence Internuclear Distance Relative Cross Section Relative Line Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.Baptist, J.J.Bonnet, G.Chauvet, J.P.Desclaux, S.Dousson, D.Hitz, J.Phys.B 17, L417 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.D.Vernhet, A.Chetioui, K.Wohrer, J.P.Rozet, P.Piquemal, D.Hitz, S.Dousson, A.Salin, C.Stephan, Phys.Rev.A 32, 1256 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.R.Hoekstra, M.G.Suraud, F.J. de Heer, R.Morgenstern, J.de Physique, Colloque C1, 50, 387 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.C.D.Lin, J.H.Macek, Phys.Rev.A 35, 5005 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.M.Boudjema, P.Moretto-Capelle, A.Bordenave-Montesquieu, P.Benoit-Cattin, A.Gleizes, H.Bachau, P.Galan, F.Martin, A.Riera, M.Yañez, J.Phys.B 22, L121 (1989)Google Scholar