On the inverse problem of high-degree solar acoustic oscillations: Local analysis of p-Mode ridges
The simple technique of analyzing the information contained in the frequencies of high-degree p-modes is proposed. Its application demonstrates some difficulties in studying the helium ionization zone by using the asymptotic inversion. It indicates also the explicit requirements to the accuracy of frequency measurements needed for these studies, interesting for helium abundance determination.
KeywordsObservational Frequency Abel Inversion Standard Solar Model Radial Order Explicit Requirement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brodsky, M.A., and Vorontsov, S.V. 1988a, in Advances in Helio-and Asteroseismology, eds. J. Christensen-Dalsgaard and S. Frandsen (Reidel, Dordrecht), p.137.Google Scholar
- Brodsky, M.A., and Vorontsov, S.V. 1988b, in Seismology of the Sun and Sun-like Stars, ed. E. Rolfe, ESA SP-286 (ESA Publication Division, Noordwijk), p.487.Google Scholar
- Dippen, W., and Gough, D. O. 1986, in Seismology of the Sun and the Distant Stars, ed. D. O. Gough (Reidel, Dordrecht), p.275.Google Scholar
- Dippen, W., Gough, D. O., and Thompson, M.J. 1988, in Seismology of the Sun and Sun-like Stars, ed. E. Rolfe, ESA SP-286 (ESA Publication Division, Noordwijk), p.505.Google Scholar
- Vorontsov, S.V., and Zharkov, V.N. 1989, Soviet Sci. Rev. E, Astrophys. Space Phys. Rev., 7, 1.Google Scholar