The new Cambridge 38 MHz radio survey — 1 steradian at 4 arcmin resolution and sub-Jansky sensitivity
A high resolution 38 MHz radio survey has been performed at MRAO in Cambridge and the results are currently in press. The survey was extremely successful despite being performed on a low budget and on a restrictive site. The design and results of this telescope must be considered when making comparisons between proposed ground-based and space-based high performance low frequency telescopes.
KeywordsPrimary Beam Aerial Element Flux Scale Aperture Plane Compact Array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baldwin, J.E., Boysen, R.C., Hales, S.E.G., Jennings, J.E., Waggett, P.C., Warner, P.J. & Wilson, D.M.A., 1985. Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc., 217, 717.Google Scholar
- Hales, S.E.G., Baldwin, J.E. & Warner, P.J., 1988. Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc., 234, 919.Google Scholar
- Rees, Nick, 1989. Ph.D. Thesis, Cambridge University.Google Scholar
- Rees, Nick, 1990. Mon. Not. R. astr. Soc., (in press-two papers).Google Scholar
- Williams, P.M., Kenderdine, S. & Baldwin, J.E., 1966. Mem. R. astr. Soc., 70, 53.Google Scholar