Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 367)
A compact multiway merge sorter using VLSI linear-array comparators
KeywordsRecord Length Connected Element Single Board General Purpose Computer Record Input
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).D. E. Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 3, Sorting and Searching", Addison-Wesley, 1973Google Scholar
- (2).C. D. Thompson, "The VLSI Complexity of Sorting", IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol. C-32, No. 12, pp. 1171–1184, Dec. 1983Google Scholar
- (3).M. Kumar and D. S. Hirschberg, "An Efficient Implementation of Batcher's Odd-Even Merge Algorithm and Its Application In Parallel Sorting Schemes", IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol. C-32, No. 3, Mar. 1983Google Scholar
- (4).S. Todd, "Algorithm and Hardware for a Merge Sort Using Multiple Processors", IBM J. Res. Develop. Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 509–517, Sept. 1978Google Scholar
- (5).Satoh T. and Tsuda N., "A New Sorter Configuration using Linear Array Structure", 29th National Convention of IPS of Japan, pp. 769–770, Sept. 1984Google Scholar
- (6).G. Miranker, L. Tang and C. K. Wong, "A Zero-Time VLSI Sorter", IBM J. Res. Develop. Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 140–148, Mar. 1983Google Scholar
- (7).Tsuda N., Satoh T., and Kawada T., "A Pipeline Sorting Chip", IEEE ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 270–271, Feb. 1987Google Scholar
- (8).Tsuda N. and Satoh T., "Hierarchical Redundancy for A Linear-array Sorting Chip", IFIP TC10/WC10.5 Workshop on Wafer Scale Integration, Sept. 1987Google Scholar
- (9).Inoue U., Hayaml H., Fukuoka H. and Suzuki K., "RINDA — A Relational Database Processor for Non-Indexed Queries", International Symposium on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, Apr. 1989Google Scholar
- (10).Takeda H. and Satoh T., "An accelerating Processor for Join Operations", Private report, Oct. 1988Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1989