On continuous homotopic one layer routing
We give an O(n3 · log n) time and O(n3) space algorithm for the continuous homotopic one layer routing problem. The main contribution is an extension of the sweep paradigm to a universal cover space of the plane.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CS]R. Cole and A. Siegel, ”River Routing every which way, but loose,” 24th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (November 1983), pp. 112–121.Google Scholar
- [LM]C. E. Leiserson and F. M. Maley, ”Algorithms for Routing and Testing Routability of Planar VLSI Layouts”, 17th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (May 1985), pp. 69–78.Google Scholar
- [M]F. M. Maley, ”Single-Layer Wire Routing”, Ph. D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, August 1987.Google Scholar
- [ST]H. Seifert and W. Threlfall, ”Lehrbuch der Topologie”, Chelsea Publishing Company, 1947.Google Scholar
- [T]M. Tompa, ”An Optimal Solution to a Wire-Routing Problem”, Journal of Computer and System Sciences 23, pp. 127–150.Google Scholar