How to define complexity? How to classify the configurations of a complex system? Which are the main features of such a classification? These and similar problems are briefly discussed in this talk.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Configuration Space Spin Glass Cluster State Equilibrium Configuration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).G. Parisi Physica Scripta, 35, 123 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2).M. Mezard, G. Parisi, N. Sourlas, G. Toulouse and M. Virasoro, Phys. Rev. Lett. 52, 1156 (1984); J. Physique 45, 843 (1984), M. Mezard, G. Parisi, M. Virasoro, Europhys. Lett, 1, 56, (1986).Google Scholar
- 3).A theoretical review of spin glasses and related subjects can be found in G. Parisi, in “Field Theory and Statistical Mechanics”, ed. by J. B. Zuber and R. Stora, North Holland (1984). and in M. Mezard, G. Parisi, M. Virasoro, “Spin Glass Theory and beyond”, Word Scientific, Singapore (1987).Google Scholar
- 4).See for example D. Ruelle, “Statistical Mechanics”, Benjamin (1969).Google Scholar
- 5).The mean field approach to these problems is described in M. Mezard and G. Parisi, J. Phys. Lett. 46, L771 (1985).Google Scholar