COMIQS System for Commercial Presentations on the Internet
Commercial presentations can be one of the main applications of multimedia in the Internet world. ACTS COMIQS project develops a networked multimedia system for the Internet to facilitate the commercial applications of new multimedia tools and systems. The COMIQS system is based on the MPEG- 4 standard and new Internet protocols. MPEG-4 DMIF part is used as the communication architecture model in which applications are separated from underlying transport network details. The RTP protocol is used for transporting time sensitive data and RTCP is used for QoS monitoring. The application signalling is based on the RTSP. COMIQS builds and integrates complete system including media servers, networking and MPEG-4 terminal. Two applications will be used in technical trials over the Internet.
KeywordsElementary Stream Real Time Protocol Access Unit Data Management Module Audio Decoder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISO/IEC 14496-1, Information technology,“Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information”, Part 1: System, (FDIS at Now 1998).Google Scholar
- 2.ISO/IEC 14496-6, Information technology, “Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information”, Part 6: Delivery Multimedia Integration Framework, (FDIS at Now 1998).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Schulzrinne, A. Rao, R. Lanphier, RTSP: Real-Time Streaming Protocol’, RFC 2326, April 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederick, V. Jacobson, RTP: Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications’, RFC 1889, January 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Braden, L. Zhang, S. Berson, S. Hertzog, S. Jamin, RSVP: Resource ReSerVation Protocol’, RFC 2205, September 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.COMIQS: deliverable AC322/CCT/DS/P/04.b1. “COMIQS System Architecture Specification”, CCETT, (December 1998), http://www.ccett.fr/comiqs/welcome.htm.
- 7.COMIQS: deliverable AC322/LEP/DS/R/06.a1. “Terminal Specification and Architecture”, LEP, (November 1998), http://www.ccett.fr/comiqs/welcome.htm.
- 8.COMIQS: deliverable AC322/DMI/DS/P/07.b1. “Media Server Architecture Specification”, DMI, (September 1998), http://www.ccett.fr/comiqs/cmx_del.htm.
- 9.P. Christ, Ch. Guillemot, S. Wesner, ‘RTSP-based Stream Control in MPEG-4’, draft-christrtsp-mpeg4-00.txt, 16 November 1998.Google Scholar
- 10.Ch. Guillemot, P. Christ, S. Wesner, ‘RTP-Generic Payload with Scaleable & Flexible Error Reciliency’, draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt, 13 November 1998.Google Scholar