MetaScribe, an Ada-Based Tool for the Construction of Tranformation Engines
This paper presents MetaScribe, a generator of transformation engine designed to help the implementation of program generators or transformation of a specification to another one. MetaScribe defines a meta-data description scheme suitable for the internal representation of various graphical and hierarchical description.
MetaScribe is fully implemented in Ada and uses the language facilities to enforce type checking and handling of errors in the manipulated descriptions.
KeywordsMeta-data description Semantic transformation Code generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Araujo, S. Devadas, K. Keutzer, S. Liao, S. Malik, A. Sudarsanam, S. Tjiang & A. Wang, “Challenges in Code Generation for Embedded Processors”, Chapter 3, pp. 48–64, in “Code Generation for Embedded Processors”, P. Marwedel and G. Goossens editors, Kluwer Academic Publishers, ISBN 0-7923-9577-8, 1995Google Scholar
- P. Desfray, “Object Engineering, the fourth dimention”, Addison-Wesley, 1994Google Scholar
- A. Diagne, P. Estraillier & F. Kordon, “Quality Management Issues along Life-cycle of Distributed Applications”, in the proceedings of CARI’98, pp 753–763, Dakar, Sénégal, October 12—15, 1998Google Scholar
- A. Diagne & M.P. Gervais, “Building Telecommunications Services as Qualitative Multi-Agent Systems: the ODAC Project”, in Proceedings of the IEEE Globecom’98, Sydney, Australia, November 1998Google Scholar
- C. Donnelly & R. Stallman, “Bison: The YACC-compatible Parser Generator”, GNU documentation, http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/texinfodoc/bison_toc.html>, November 1995
- C. Hylands, E. Lee & H. Reekie, “The Tycho User Interface System”, The 5th Annual Tcl/Tk Workshop’ 97, Boston, Massachusetts, pp 149–157, July 14—17, 1997Google Scholar
- F. Kordon & J-L. Mounier, “FrameKit, an Ada Framework for a Fast Implementation of CASE Environments”, in proceedings of the ACM/SIGAda ASSET’98 symposium, pp 42–51, Monterey, USA, July 1998Google Scholar
- MARS-Team, “the CPN-AMI2 home page”, http://www.lip6.fr/cpn-ami>
- V. Paxson, “Flex: A fast scanner generator, Edition 2.5”, GNU documentation, http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/texinfodoc/flex_toc.html>, March 1995
- Ptolemy Team, “The Ptolemy Kernel—Supporting Heterogeneous Design”, RASSP Digest Newsletter, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 14–17, 1st Quarter, April, 1995Google Scholar
- S. Rybin, A. Strohmeier & E. Zueff, “ASIS for GNAT: Goals, Problems and Implementation Strategy”, In M. Toussaint (Ed), Second International Eurospace — Ada — Europe Symposium Proceedings, LNCS no 1031, Springer Verlag, pp 139–151, 1995Google Scholar
- D. Schefström, “System Development Environments: Contemporary Concepts”, in Tool Integration: environment and framework, Edited by D. Schefström & G. van den Broek, John Wiley & Sons, 1993Google Scholar
- P. Vidal, “Comparison between implementation and code generation for multi-agent systems: application to the Personnal Travel Assistant”, Master thesis in an ERASMUS program, University of Olso and University P. & M. Curie, 1999Google Scholar