An Approach to the Analysis of Interworking Traders
The ODP Trader provides a match—;making service for Objects in an Open Distributed System. In previous work, a model of the Trader was created using Coloured Petri Nets, incorporating its capacity for standalone and co-operative Interworking amongst multiple Trader instances. In this paper, the CPN model of the Trader is analysed using Equivalence Classes (for Occurrence Graph reduction) when the Trader is configured as a standalone entity servicing multiple requests concurrently. The Trader is also analysed in a number of interworking scenarios which are, in turn, used for reasoning about complex Trader interworking topologies.
KeywordsODP Trader Interworking Coloured Petri Nets Scenario Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ISO/IEC Trading (1997) “Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Trading Function”, ISO/IEC IS 13235-1. ITU/T Draft Rec. X950-1, 1997. Also available at: http://www.dstc.edu.au/AU/research_news/odp/trader/standards.html
- Jensen, K. (1992) “Coloured Petri Nets. Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical Use. Volume 1: Basic Concepts”, EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC IS 10746-1 ITU-T Recommendation X.901 (1996) “Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 1: Overview and Guide to Use”, Geneva, Switzerland.Google Scholar
- The Object Management Group Inc (1995), “The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture and Specification Revision 2.0”, July, 1995.Google Scholar
- CPN Group, University of Aarhus (1996), Online Design/CPN User’s Manual. http://www.daimi.aau.dk/designCPN/man/X_2.0/REF/Reference.All.pdf
- ISO/IEC Trading Tutorial (1996) “Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Trading Function Annex A: Tutorial of the Draft Trading Function”. http://www.dstc.edu.au/AU/research_news/odp/trader/tr_tutorial.html
- Tokmakoff, A. (1998) “Modelling, Analysis and Prototyping of the ODP Trader using Coloured Petri Nets and Java”, PhD Thesis, Faculty of Information Technology, University of South Australia, March 1998. http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/~steven/thesis/aat.pdf
- Tokmakoff, A. and Billington, J. (1996) “CPN Modelling of An Object Based System: The ODP Trader”, 1st International Workshop on Formal Methods for Open Object-based Distributed Systems, Paris, France, May 1996, pp. 245–260. http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/people/andrew/papers/FMOODS96.ps.gz
- Tokmakoff, A., Billington, J. (1998) “Reachability Analysis of the ODP Trader using Equivalence Classes”, Proc. International Conference on Software Engineering: Education and Practice, Dunedin, New Zealand, 26–29 January, 1998, IEEE Computer Society Press. http://www.irisa.fr/prive/Andrew.Tokmakoff/tsec/papers/SEEP98.pdf
- Jensen, K. (1994) “Coloured Petri Nets. Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical Use. Volume 2: Analysis Methods”, EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Garland, S., J., (1986), “Introduction to Computer Science with applications in Pascal”, Addison-Wesley, 1986, ISBN 0-201-04398-X.Google Scholar