TOY: A Multiparadigm Declarative System
TOY is the concrete implementation of CRWL, a wide theoretical framework for declarative programming whose basis is a constructor based rewriting logic with lazy non-deterministic functions as the core notion. Other aspects of CRWL supported by TOY are: polymorphic types; HO features; equality and disequality constraints over terms and linear constraints over real numbers; goal solving by needed narrowing combined with constraint solving. The implementation is based on a compilation of TOY programs into Prolog.
KeywordsLinear Constraint Logic Programming Partial Evaluator Functional Logic Declarative Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AEH94.S. Antoy, R. Echahed, M. Hanus. A needed narrowing strategy. Proc. POPL’94, 268–279, 1994.Google Scholar
- AHL+96.P. Arenas, T. Hortalá, F.J. López, E. Ullán. Real constraints within a au]functional logic language. Proc. APPIA-GULP-PRODE’96, 451–462, 1996.Google Scholar
- ALR98a.P. Arenas, F.J. López, M. Rodríguez. Embedding multiset constraints into a lazy functional logic language. Proc. PLILP’98, Springer LNCS 1490, 429–444, 1998.Google Scholar
- ALR98b.P. Arenas, F.J. López, M. Rodríguez. Functional plus logic programming with built-in and symbolic constraints, 1998. Submitted.Google Scholar
- AR97a.P. Arenas, M. Rodríguez. A semantic framework for functional logic programming with algebraic polymorphic types. Proc.TAPSOFT’97, Springer LNCS 1214, 453–464, 1997.Google Scholar
- AR97b.P. Arenas, M. Rodríguez. A lazy narrowing calculus for functional logic programming with algebraic polymorphic types. Proc. ILPS’97,MIT Press, 53–69, 1997.Google Scholar
- CL98a.R. Caballero, F.J. López. A functional logic alternative to monads. Proc. of Workshop on Component-Based Software Development in Computer Logic, 87–100, 1998.Google Scholar
- CL98b.R. Caballero, F.J. López. Parsing with non-deterministic functions. Proc. APPIA-GULP-PRODE’98, 1–16, 1998.Google Scholar
- GHL+98.J.C. González, T. Hortala, F.J. López, M. Rodríguez. An approach to declarative programming based on a rewriting logic. To appear in JLP, 1998. Earlier version in ESOP’96.Google Scholar
- GHR97.J.C. González, M.T. Hortalá, M. Rodríguez. A higher order rewriting logic for functional logic programming. ICLP’97, MIT Press, 153–167, 1997.Google Scholar
- Han97.M. Hanus. A unified computation model for functional and logic programming, Proc. POPL’97, 80–93, 1997.Google Scholar
- Han98.M. Hanus (ed.). Curry: An integrated functional logic language. Available at http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~hanus/curry, 1998.
- LS98.F.J.a López, J. Sánchez. An efficient narrowing strategy by means of disequality constraints. Tech. Rep. 98/84, Dep. SIP, UCM Madrid, 1998.Google Scholar
- LLR93.R. Loogen, F.J. López, M. Rodríguez. A demand driven computation strategy for lazy narrowing. Proc. PLILP’3, Springer LNCS 714, 184–200, 1993.Google Scholar