2-Point Site Voronoi Diagrams
In this paper we investigate a new type of Voronoi diagrams in which every region is defined by a pair of point sites and some distance function from a point to two points. We analyze the complexity of the respective nearest- and furthest-neighbor diagrams of several such distance functions, and show how to compute the diagrams efficiently.
KeywordsDistance Function Voronoi Diagram Combinatorial Complexity Point Site Unordered Pair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [EFNN]H. Ebara, N. Fukuyama, H. Nakano, and Y. Nakanishi, Roundness algorithms using the Voronoi diagrams, Proc. 1st Canadian Conf. on Computational Geometry, 1989, 41.Google Scholar
- [Fo]S. Fortune, A sweepline algorithm for Voronoi diagrams, Proc. 2nd Ann. ACM Symp. On Computational Geometry, 1986, 313–322.Google Scholar
- [Le1]F. T. Leighton, Complexity Issues in VLSI, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1983.Google Scholar
- [PS]F. P. Preparata and M. I. Shamos, Computational Geometry: An Introduction, Springer Verlag, New York, 1985.Google Scholar
- [SA]M. Sharir and P. K. Agarwal, Davenport-Schinzel Sequences and Their Geometric Applications, Cambridge University Press, 1995.Google Scholar