Image Block Coding Based on New Algorithms of Short-Length DCT with Minimal Multiplicative Complexity
A quality of block coding algorithms based on the DCT with use of NxN-blocks (8≤N<16) is researched in the paper. A time of the image compression does not increase at increasing of block size. It is achieved due to decrease of computational complexity by means of a new approach to synthesis of the short-length DCT algorithms. This approach is connected to interpretation of the DCT calculation as operations in associated algebraic structures.
KeywordsDiscrete Cosine Transform Block Code Variable Element Real Multiplication Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Krupiczka, A.: Interblock variance as a segmentation criterion in image coding. //Mashine Graphics and Vision, Vol. 5,Nos 1/2, pp. 229–235, 1996Google Scholar
- 9.Chichyeva, M. A., Chernov, V. M.: “One-step” short-length DCT algorithms with data representation in the direct sum of associative algebras. //Proceedings CAIP'97, Springer, LNCS 1296, pp.590–596, 1997Google Scholar
- 10.Jacobson, N.: Structure and representation of Jordan algebras. Providense, R.I., 1968Google Scholar
- 11.Nussbaumer, H. J.: Fast Fourier transform and convolution algorithms. Springer Verlag, 1971.Google Scholar
- 13.Pratt, W. K.: Digital Image Processing, Vol.2. A Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 1978.Google Scholar