A general categorical connection between local event structures and local traces
Local event structures and local traces are generalizations of the classical prime event structures and Mazurkiewicz’ traces in which independence is no longer a global binary property.We consider the problem of lifting the categorical connection between prime event structures and Mazurkiewicz’ traces to this more general setting. Using a generic approach it is shown how certain subcategories of local event structures and local trace languages can be related. Moreover, every coreflection between subcategories generalizing the connection between prime event structures and Mazurkiewicz’ traces fits into this approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Degano, P., Gorrieri, R., Vigna, S.: On Relating some Models for Concurrency. TAPSOFT, LNCS 668 (1993) 15–30Google Scholar
- 4.Kleijn, H.C.M., Morin, R., Rozoy, B.: Event Structures for Local Traces. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 16-2 (1998)-16 pagesGoogle Scholar
- 5.Mazurkiewicz, A.: Trace Theory. Advanced Course on Petri Nets, Bad Honnef, Germany, LNCS 254 (1987) 269–324Google Scholar
- 7.Nielsen, M., Sassone, V., Winskel, G.: Relationships between Models of Concurrency. LNCS 803 (1994) 425–475Google Scholar
- 9.Pierce, B.C.: Category Theory for Computer Scientists. (The MIT Press, 1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Winskel, G., Nielsen, M.: Models for Concurrency. In Handbook of Logic in Computer Science, Vol. 4: Semantic Modelling, S. Abramsky, D.M. Gabbay and T.S.E. Maibaum, eds (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1995) 1–148Google Scholar