Improving HISYS1 with a Decision Support System
HISYS1 is an information system that physicians, hospital managers and health-care administrations can use to analyze the data about the evolution of the admitted patients in a hospital. The system is enriched with a learning procedure that is able both to extract knowledge about the hospital departments, and also to organize that knowledge in a module-based Decision Support System (DSS) that is used to predict the evolution of the new patients. We have tested the system with six primary diagnoses at the Hospital Joan XXIII in Tarragona (Spain).
KeywordsDecision Support System Primary Diagnosis Dynamic Data Hospital Service Hospital Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dick, R. S., Steen, E. B.: The computer-based record. Institute of Medicine. National Academic Press. Washington (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Lavrač, N.: Selected techniques for DM in medicine. AI Med. 16 (1999) 3–23Google Scholar
- 3.Miksch, S.: Plan management in the medical domain. AI Com. 12 (1999) 209–235Google Scholar
- 4.Clark, P., Niblett, T.: The CN2 induction algorithm. ML 3(4) (1989) 261–283Google Scholar
- 5.Riaño, D., Prado, S.: A DM alternative to model hospital operations: filtering, adaptation, and behaviour prediction. LNCS 1933 (2000) 293–299Google Scholar
- 6.Riaño, D., Prado, S.: The analysis of healt care data with HISYS1. Submited to the International Conference on Medical Information, MedInfo, London (2001)Google Scholar