A Method for Model Parameter Identification Using Parallel Genetic Algorithms
In this paper we present a new approach for the model parameters identification problem of real time systems based on parallel genetic algorithms. The method has been applied to an specific problem such as the control movement of a high speed ship where parallelization allows us to achieve the time constraints. The algorithm has been developed using MPI and the experimental results has been obtained on an SGI Origin 2000.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Ship Movement Irregular Wave Input Wave Parallel Genetic Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cantú-Paz, E.: A Survey of Parallel Genetic Algorithm. IlliGAL Report No. 97003. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.Fossen, T. I.: Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles. J.Wiley and Sons. New York (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Lewis, E.V.: Principles of Naval Architecture. The Soc. of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. New Jersey (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.Lloyd, A.R.J.M.: Seakeeping: Ship Behavior in Rough Weather. Ellis Horwood (John Wiley and Sons). New York (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.De la Cruz, J.M., Aranda, J., Ruiperez, P., Diaz, J.M., Maron, A.: Identification of the Vertical Plane Motion Model of a High Speed Craft By Model Testing in Irregular Waves. IFAC Conference CAMS’98 Fukuoka (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.Davis: Handbook of Genetic Algorithms Van Nostrand Reinhold (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.Hidalgo, J.I., Prieto, M., Lanchares, J., Tirado, F.: A Parallel Genetic Algorithm for solving the Partitioning Problem in Multi-FPGA systems. Proc. of 3rd Int. Meeting on vector and parallel processing. Porto (1998) 717–722.Google Scholar
- 10.Liening, J.: A Parallel Genetic Algorithm for Performance-Driven VLSI Routing. IEEE Trans on Evolutionary Computation VOL.1 NO.1 April 1997.Google Scholar
- 12.Hüe, X.: Genetic Algorithms for Optimisation Background and Applications. Edinburgh Parallel Computing Center. Version 1.0 February 1997. Available from: http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/epcc-tec/documents/.