Net-Console: A Web-Based Development Environment for MPI Programs
In this paper we describe Net-console, a Web-based environment for the development of Message Passing Interface (MPI) programs. Using Net-console the user is able to write, execute, debug and evaluate the performance of such programs across the Internet, using a usual Java-enabled browser, without having to log on to a supercomputer in the traditional sense. The tools included in Net-console and their functionality, the languages used and the overall structure of the project are presented in this paper.
KeywordsMessage Passing Interface Processing Node Input Stream Lexical Analyzer File Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“The Globus project.”. http://www.globus.org.
- 2.Scott Clark. “Java Jive: File I/O with Java: It can be done”. http://www.webdeveloper.com/java/java_jj_read_write.html.
- 3.Rafe Colburn. “Teach Yourself CGI programming in a week”. Sams.net Publishing, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.David Flanagan Dean Petrich. “Netscape IFC in a Nutshell”. O’Reilly, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.Bruce Eckel. “Thinking in Java”. http://www.EckelObjects.com.
- 6.Matthias Jugel, Marcus Meiner. “The Java Telnet Applet: Documentation”. http://physlab.catlin.edu/oldmiscshtuff/Telnet/Documentation/index.html.
- 7.Neophytos Neophytou, Paraskevas Evripidou. “Net-dbx: A Java powered tool for interactive Debugging of MPI programs across the Internet.”. In Proceedings of Euro-Par 98 conference, Southampton, UK, September 1998. http://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~net-dbx.
- 8.Peter Pacheco. “Parallel Programming with MPI”. Morgan Kaufmann, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.Titos Saridakis. “Array Tracer: A Parallel Performance Analysis Tool”. Master’s thesis, University of Crete, September 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.Soulla Louca, Neophytos Neophytou, Adrianos Lachanas, Paraskevas Evripidou. “MPI-FT: A portable fault tolerance scheme for MPI.”. In Proceedings of PDPTA’98 International conference, Las Vegas, Nevada 1998.Google Scholar