A Parallel Genetic Programming Tool Based on PVM
This paper presents a software package suited for investigating Parallel Genetic Programming (PGP) utilizing Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) language as means of communicating distributed populations. We show the usefulness of PVM by means of an example developed with this software tool. The example has been run on several processors in a parallel way.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Koza, J.R.,: Genetic Programming: on the programming of computers by means of natural selection. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press. 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.Darwin, C.: The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life, Mentor Reprint, 1958.Google Scholar
- 3.Banzhaf W., Nordin, P., Keller, R.E., Francone F.D.: Genetic Programming. An Introduction. Apendix C: GP Software. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers. pp393. 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Weinbrenner, T.; Genetic Programming Kernel Version 0.5.2 C++ Class Library. http://thor.emk.e-technik.th-darmstadt.de/~thomasw/gpkernel1.html
- 5.Arnone, S., Dell’Orto, M., Tettamanzi, A., Tomassini, M.: Highly Parallel Evolutionary Algorithms for Global Optimization, Symbolic Inference and Non-Linear Regression. Proceedings of the 6th Joint EPS-APS International Conference on Physics Computing. 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Andre, D., Koza, J.R.,:Parallel Genetic Programming: A Scalable Implementation Using The Transputer Network Architecture. In P. Angeline and K. Kinnear editors, Advances in Genetic Programming 2. The MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar