SASEPA: Simultaneous Allocation and Scheduling with Exclusion and Precedence Relations Algorithm
An algorithm for allocating and scheduling tasks in multiprocessor environments is presented. Its main characteristic is its orientation towards machine vision applications. In this sense it deals with the peculiarities of systems which combine generic-type processors with Image Acquisition and Processing Boards. The main goal of the algorithm is total processing time reduction; such are the requirements when we deal with automated industrial inspection applications. By simultaneously tackling the phases of allocation and scheduling, the results obtained are better than those offered by traditional algorithms. The system is applied to a process of citrus fruit inspection, and its performances are also evaluated over randomly generated task graphs.
KeywordsMachine Vision Precedence Relation Task Graph Machine Vision System Processing Board
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Krishna CM, Shin KG.: Real-time Systems. McGraw-Hill. (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Takeshi Y, Ryohei N.: Job-Shop Scheduling by Simulated Annealing Combined with Deterministic Local Search. Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) Journal. Vol. 37. nž 04–014 (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Torres F.: Arquitectura paralela para el procesado de imágenes de alta resolución. Aplicación a la inspección de impresiones en tiempo real. PD, ETSII, Polytechnic University of Madrid. (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Fernández C, Torres F, Puente ST.: SASEPA. Simultaneous allocation and scheduling with exclusion and precedence relations algorithm. Internal Report. Systems and Automation Division. Miguel Hernandez University. (2001)Google Scholar
- 17.Torres F, Candelas FA, Puente ST, Jiménez LM, Fernández C, Agulló RJ.: Computer Vision Systems-Simulation and Scheduling of Real-Time Computer Vision Algorithms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Vol 1542. (1999) 98–114Google Scholar