A Flexible 2-Level Neumann-Neumann Method for Structural Analysis Problems
We discuss a new approach for the construction of the second-level Neumann-Neumann coarse space. Our method is based on an inexpensive and parallel analysis of the lower part spectrum of each subdomain stiffness matrix. We show that the method is flexible enough to converge fast on nonstandard decompositions and various types of finite elements used in structural analysis packages.
KeywordsDomain Decomposition Domain Decomposition Method Coarse Space Rigid Body Mode Domain Decomposition Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. E. Bjørstad, J. Koster, AND P. Krżyzanowski, Domain decomposition solvers for large scale industrial finite element problems, in Applied Parallel Computing. New Paradigms for HPC in Industry and Academia, T. Sorevik, F. Manne, R. Moe, and A. Gebremedhin, eds., vol. 1947 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 2001, pp. 374–384. Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop, PARA2000 Bergen, Norway, June 18-20, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Brezina, C. Heberton, J. Mandel, AND P. Vanek, An iterative method with convergence rate chosen a priori, Tech. Report 140, University of Colorado in Denver, USA, April 1999. An earlier version has also been presented at the 1998 Copper Mountain Conference on Iterative Methods.Google Scholar
- 4.Y.-H. De ROECK AND P. Le TALLEC, Analysis and test of a local domain decomposition preconditioner, in Fourth International Symposium on Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations, R. Glowinski, Y. Kuznetsov, G. Meurant, J. Périaux, and O. Widlund, eds., SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1991, pp. 112–128.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Dryja AND O. B. Widlund, Additive Schwarz methods for elliptic finite element problems in three dimensions, in Fifth International Symposium on Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations (Norfolk, VA, 1991), SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1992, pp. 3–18.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Karypis AND V. Kumar, METIS-Serial Graph Partitioning Algorithm. Available electronically via http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~karypis/metis/metis.
- 12.J. Mandel AND P. Krzyżanowski, Robust Balancing Domain Decomposition, August 1999. Presentation at The Fifth US National Congress on Computational Mechanics, University of Colorado at Boulder, CO.Google Scholar
- 13.B. F. Smith, P. E. Bjørstad, AND W. D. Gropp, Domain decomposition, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1996. Parallel multilevel methods for elliptic partial differential equations.Google Scholar