New Self-Dual Codes over GF(5)
Self-dual codes and orthogonal designs have been studied for a long time as separate research areas. In the present paper we show a strong relationship between them. The structure of orthogonal designs is such as to allow us a much faster and more systematic search for self-dual codes over GF(5).
Using our method we constructed the following linear self-dual codes over GF(5):(i) [4,2,2], (ii) [8,4,4], (iii) [12,6,6], (iv) [16,8,6], (v) [20,10,8], (vi) [24,12,9], (vii) [28,14,10]. The codes (i), (ii), (iii), (v) are extremal. A [28,14,10] code is constructed here for the first time.
KeywordsGenerator Matrix Systematic Search Linear Code Minimum Weight Orthogonal Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M. Harada, Double circulant self-dual codes over GF(5), Ars Combinatoria, to appear.Google Scholar
- 5.J.S. Leon, V. Pless, and N.J.A. Sloane, Self-dual codes over GF(5), J. Combin. Theory Ser. A, 32 (1982), 178–194.Google Scholar
- 6.F.J. MacWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane, The theory of error-correcting codes, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Rains and N.J.A. Sloane, Self-dual codes, in Handbook of Coding Theory, eds. V. Pless et al., Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.V.D Tonchev, Codes, in The CRC Handbook of Combinatorial Designs, ed. C.J. Colbourn and J.H. Dinitz, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla., 1996, 517–543.Google Scholar