Some Applications of Bounds for Designs to the Cryptography
Recent years have seen numerous examples where designs play an important role in the study of such topics in cryptography as secrecy and authentication codes, secret sharing schemes, correlation-immune and resilient functions. In this paper we give applications of some methods and results from the design theory, especially bounding the optimal size of the designs and codes, to cryptography. We give a new bound for the parameter t, when (n; T; t)-resilient functions and correlation-immune functions of order t exist. In the last section we present analogous bound for the parameter N of T-wise independent t-resilient function.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P. Delsarte, An Algebraic Approach to Association Schemes in Coding Theory, Philips Research Reports Suppl., 10, 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Friedman, On the bit extraction problem. Proc. 33rd IEEE Symp. on Foundations of Computer Science, 1992, 314–319.Google Scholar
- 7.V.I. Levenshtein, Universal bounds for codes and designs, Chapter 6 in Handbook of Coding Theory, V. Pless and W.C. Huffman, 1998 Elsevier Science B.V., 449–648.Google Scholar
- 10.S.I. Nikova, Bounds for designs in infinite polynomial metric spaces, Ph.D. Thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology, 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.S.I. Nikova, V.S. Nikov, Improvement of the Delsarte bound for τ-designs when it is not the best bound possible, submitted in Designs Codes and Cryptography.Google Scholar
- 12.S.I. Nikova, V.S. Nikov, Improvement of the Delsarte bound for τ-designs in finite polynomial metric space, to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.F.J. MacWilliams, N.J.A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, North Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar