An Order-Based, Distributed Algorithm for Implementing Multiparty Interactions
Multiparty interactions have been paid much attention in recent years because they provide the user with a useful mechanism for coordinating a number of entities that need to cooperate in order to achieve a common goal. In this paper, we present an algorithm for implementing them that is based on the idea of locking resources in a given order. It improves on previous results in that it can be used in a context in which the set of participants in an interaction cannot be known at compile time, and setting up communication links amongst interaction managers is costly or completely impossible.
KeywordsMultiparty interactions coordination algorithms open systems α-core
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BLFM98]T. Berners-Lee, R. Fielding, and L. Masinter. RFC 2396: Uniform resource identifiers (URI): Generic syntax, August 1998.Google Scholar
- [CM88]K.M. Chandy and J. Misra. Parallel Program Design: A Foundation. Addison-Wesley, 1988.Google Scholar
- [CRT+99]R. Corchuelo, D. Ruiz, M. Toro, J.M. Prieto, and J.L. Arjona. A Distributed Solution to Multiparty Interaction, pages 318–323. World Scientific Engineering Society, 1999.Google Scholar
- [DW99]D. F. D’souza and A.C. Wills. Objects, Componentes, and Frameworks with UML: The Catalysis Approach. Addison-Wesley, 1 edition, 1999.Google Scholar
- [FF96]N. Francez and I. Forman. Interacting processes: A multiparty approach to coordinated distributed programming. Addison-Wesley, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Hoa85]C.A.R. Hoare. Communicating Sequential Processess. Prentice Hall, 1985.Google Scholar
- [JS96]Y. J. Joung and S. A. Smolka. Strong interaction fairness via randomization. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pages 475–483, Hong Kong, May 1996. IEEE Computer Society Press.Google Scholar
- [JS98]Y.J. Joung and S.A. Smolka. Strong interaction fairness via randomization. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 9(2), February 1998.Google Scholar
- [PCRT01]J.A. Pérez, R. Corchuelo, D. Ruiz, and M. Toro. A framework for aspect—oriented multiparty coordination. In New Developments in Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems, pages 161–174. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.Google Scholar
- [PCRT02]J.A. Pérez, R. Corchuelo, D. Ruiz, and M. Toro. An enablement detection algorithm for open multiparty interactions. In ?, editor, Proceedings of the Symposium on Applied Computing SAC’02, number ? in ?, page ?, Madrid, Spain, March 2002. ?, ? Appearing soon.Google Scholar
- [Rog97]D. Rogerson. Inside COM. Microsoft Press, 1997.Google Scholar