Scalable Benchmarking and Performance Monitoring: A Coordination and Mobility Perspective
In this paper we introduce the concept of an ad hoc cluster as a scalable solution to benchmarking and performance monitoring. We discuss coordination and mobility and present results of a case study.
KeywordsWeb benchmarking performance monitoring software agent coordination mobility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IP Network Monitoring Software. URL http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/.
- 2.P. Barford and M. Crovella. Generating Representative Web Workloads for Network and Server Performance Evaluation. Proc. SIGMETRICS 98, June 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Bieszczad, B. Pagurek, and T. White. Mobile Agents for Network Management. IEEE Communications Survey, Fourth Quarter 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Bölöni, K. Jun, K. Palacz, R. Sion, and D. C. Marinescu. The Bond Agent System and Applications. In Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Agent Systems and Applications (ASA/MA 2000), pages 99–112. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Jun. Monitoring and Control of Networked Systems with Mobile Agents: Algorithms and Applications. PhD thesis, Purdue University, May 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Nicklish, J. Quittek, A. Kind, and S. Arao. INCA: An Agent-based Network Control Architecture. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Intelligent Agents for Telecommunication Applications, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Wijata, D. Niehaus, and V. Frost. A Scalable Agent-Based Network Measurement Infrastructure. IEEE Communications, September 2000.Google Scholar