Multi-agent Fuzzy Logic Resource Manager
A fuzzy logic expert system has been developed that automatically allocates resources in real-time over a collection of autonomous agents. Genetic algorithm based optimization is conducted to determine the form of the membership functions for the fuzzy root concepts. The resource manager is made up of four trees, the isolated platform tree, the multi-platform tree, the fuzzy parameter selection tree and the fuzzy strategy tree. The isolated platform tree provides a fuzzy decision tree that allows an individual platform to respond to a threat. The multi-platform tree allows a group of platforms to respond to a threat in a collaborative self-organizing fashion. The fuzzy parameter selection tree is designed to make optimal selections of root concept parameters. The strategy tree is a fuzzy tree that an agent uses to try to predict the behavior of an enemy. Finally, the five approaches to validating the expert system are discussed.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Membership Function Fuzzy Logic Genetic Program Fuzzy Membership Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schleher, D. C.: Electronic Warfare in the Information Age, Artech House, Boston (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Tsoukalas, L.H., Uhrig, R.E.: Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering, John Wiley and Sons, New York(1997) Chapter 5Google Scholar
- 4.Holland, J. H.: Hidden Order How Adaptation Builds Complexity, Perseus Books, Reading (1995) 1–15Google Scholar
- 5.Zimmerman, H. J.: Fuzzy Set Theory and its Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Boston (1991) Chapter 1Google Scholar
- 6.Smith III, J.F., Rhyne II, R.: A Resource Manager for Distributed Resources: Fuzzy Decision Trees and Genetic Optimization in Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IC-AI’99, Vol. II. CSREA Press, Las Vegas, (1999) 669–675Google Scholar
- 7.Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading (1989)Google Scholar
- 9.Smith III, J.F., Rhyne II, R.: Optimal Allocation of Distributed Resources Using Fuzzy Logic and a Genetic Algorithm, NRL Formal Report NRL/FR/5741-00-9970, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington D.C. 20375-5000, September 29, 2000.Google Scholar